Seven sorrows the priests give their Virgin;

But thy sins, which are seventy times seven,

Seven ages would fail thee to purge in,

And then they would haunt thee in heaven:

Fierce midnights and famishing morrows,

And the loves that complete and control

All the joys of the flesh, all the sorrows

That wear out the soul.

FYI, my order landed on Monday, March 4th and while I'm providing a review to help others make their decisions, I will be waiting until the two-week mark to make my first real judgements.

In the bottle: Spring bouquet, just slightly sweet.

Wet: Lilies and a green smell like... pulling weeds?

Dry: Celery. The smell/taste of celery. Very loudly green and a bit bitter. Not scraggly-bunch-of-celery levels of bitter, but still. Bitter celery.

Ok, this is why I dislike reviewing perfume that hasn't had sufficient time to recover from travel shock. I tested this earlier today and when I stuck my nose to my arm, I got celery. But as I wandered around my house, cleaning, I kept getting whiffs of lilies. I'd smell my arm and the scent was very faded after half an hour, but still distinctly celery. And yet, wanderwanderwander, vague lily smell. Weird! I'll probably give this perfume a month before retesting just to help me forget our first less-than-stellar encounter.

UPDATE: Ok, time has helped soften the bitterness I was getting when this landed. This is a lovely greenery and lily scent. Hopefully a little more time will bring out the plum and tobacco.

Edited by Tamarinda
Update

Fierce Midnights and Famishing Morrows: I smell all three notes when I put this on. The lily is well-behaved, the plum is sweet and purple, and the tobacco is rich and brown. Then, honestly, I have no idea what's happening. They all blend together to make a new note. It's like a tobacco colored plum blossom SN that melds with my skin. This isn't as loud as I thought it was going to be. This is another scent I keep sniffing to understand.