Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I got both the Thanksgiving special imp and the Yule, which Ted confirmed were different scents. And boy, are they ever different!

Thanksgiving Gift: in the imp -wow! really yummy pie crust (way better than the yule one and way more recognizable), some lavender with it

wet and dry on skin - lavender with cream and a touch of something plastic-y /sunscreen-y, very light and not foodie (no crust on my skin)

after an hour or so - more creamy coconut!

Yule: in the imp, pie crust and something astringent

wet on skin almost cashmere? a sense of heaviness, almost sunscreen-y or platic-y, and...coconut? Maybe, maybe the barest hint of lavender underneath

dry - definitely cashmere (warm and musky). weird. and a more noticeable occasional hint of lavender

*I'm adding thoughts on both to both threads ;)

Edited by Roogna

Oh this is lovely. 

I've never tried BPAL's lavender before as I haven't been very fond of lavender scents. I don't dislike lavender, I just don't love it as it may turn kinda soapy on me. But this is lovely, almost eatable lovely! I get mostly yummy pie crust and coconut with a hint of lavender. This is very pastry-like smell, I'm almost drooling. 

After couple of hours the perfume is mostly gone. I get a hint of sweet coconut and lavender if I put nose close to wrist. So need to reapply. 

More of a lavender cream pie on me. The coconut is there, but it's soft and ends up getting eaten up bu the cream pie nature of the scent. And the scent is definitely a foodie, fluffy, pie filling scent. Though it smells more like soft, whipped lavender cream filling. A very pleasant, light, foodie lavender scent, but ends up being a little simple for my liking.