Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Pomelo, Mandarin, and Pink Grapefruit

Pomelo is one of my favorite fruits.  I think they taste like sugared grapefruit with none of the bitterness that grapefruit can have, and they have a little undertone that reminds me of pine and tropical mango.

I think I can smell all three of the citrus notes in this (or I imagine that I can).  I can smell the scent that gets on your skin when you're peeling oranges, the scent/taste of juicy, sugared pink grapefruit, and the tropical nuances of pomelo.  It's not bitter or sour at all, more a mix of sweet and bright citrus tones.  There's a teeny tiny bit of soapiness on my skin after a while, but mostly a fun mix of sweet citrus fruits.

This was originally going to be a blind bottle, but I have the Pink Grapefruit and Pomelo duet, so I decided grab a decant so I could deathmatch the two.

As soon as I applied this trio, and sniffed the bottle of the duet, I could tell that the deathmatch wasn't really necessary. Pomelo, Mandarin, and Pink Grapefruit is mostly about the mandarin on me throughout wear, backed by the other citrus fruits, but full disclosure: my bitch ass isn't super familiar with pomelo. This trio reads as more orange-y to me than grapefruit-y, so if you happen to have the duet, and you are like, ugh, can I really justify another grapefruit scent in my collection? The answer is yes, if you're like me and you're a citrus slut (so long as you can justify another orange scent). I'm really surprised how the addition of the mandarin makes this so different from the duet, although I suppose the ratio of the pomelo and grapefruit notes might be different here. Like Little Bird, there is a phase where the mandarin threatens to go slightly soapy on me after a few hours, which can happen to me when I wear a scent with a pith-y mandarin note, but I think the grapefruit and pomelo notes keep it in check so that it remains a juicy citrus scent that isn't allowed to veer into soap territory.

This is a win, and I'll have to grab more of it to slather on during the summer months.

Side note: All three of the trios I tried from this release were lovely. I don't think I've had this kind of success with trios from an update before. My wallet may be weeping if I get them all, but this one is a definite since it's such a great citrus and has huge throw.

Edited by doomsday_disco

What it says on the tin. On me, this scent is roughly equal amounts pomelo, mandarin, and grapefruit. Unless I'm particularly trying to pick out one of the notes, they blend together to make a very bright, fresh, and slightly sweet 'citrus' note. The scent is still more of the orange variety than anything else. It's a relatively simple scent, but as a citrus lover, this is everything I could want.