Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Red Amber, Orange Blossom, and Pink Pepper

I'm surprised how plant like, almost vegetal, this smells on me. The red amber and orange blossom combine to this very green floral combo. And while I can't pick out the pepper on its own, there's definitely something else giving the other notes a real pop. Interesting, but not for me.

The orange blossom goes *poof* on me almost immediately (though it was lovely during its brief visit) -- I'm left with a powdery red amber and a perfume-y pink pepper. It vaguely reminds me of Twilly de Hermes Eau Poivre (pink pepper/rose/patchouli), but without rose and more of a musky and somewhat powdery base. I rather like this but I don't see myself wearing it often, though I'll be on the lookout for other pink pepper scents in the future 💞

Orange blossom and I are generally not friends, but it is pretty tame here. I feel like the notes here are really well-balanced, but more subdued than you'd expect... the red amber is slightly powdery, the pink pepper is soft here and adds a soft, pink touch to the scent, and I believe it's similar to the one from High-Strung Daisies... and there's just a touch of orange blossom.

I was given a tester of this, and while it's not in my wheelhouse, it was more pleasant than I thought it would be. It was nice to get to try it.