Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scarecrow’s cologne, crunchy with hay and spattered with foamy, sweet soil:
a cornmeal fougere with patchouli root, clove bud, honey stout, roasted oats, fermented apple pulp, and bourbon cream.

Edited by Jenjin

This one is really unique! It goes on with the foodie notes taking the lead; I get lots of the apple pulp, which has a Lambs-Wool-esque apple vibe, paired with the cornmeal, which is oddly alluring! And I think the honey stout might be contributing to those Lambs-Wool vibes as well. There is only a little bit of soil, so I wouldn't let that put you off trying this one. Over time, it gets less foodie and veers more into cologne territory: I still get the cornmeal, but you can tell it is part of a fougere, and I also get the patchouli, clove, and the hay with it, along with that tiny bit of soil. I enjoy it less during this phase, but that's mostly because I was enjoying the apple and cornmeal combo so much. I'm not sure I need a bottle of this, but the decant is a keeper because this is so unique! I really hope Beth uses that cornmeal note again in the future.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I always love bpal's Harvest Moon blends, and this is another winner for me. 
The apple reminds me of Lambs-Wool, which is one of the very few apple blends that I enjoy (I wrote this before reading doomsday_disco's review, so I totally agree on the Lambs-Wool comparison 😊).  It's a warm, baked apple that's been sprinkled with sweet clove, topped with a dollop of sweet cream, and drizzled in a tiny bit of honey.  The earthy patchouli and dry hay mixed with the clove give it a Samhain-esque backdrop.  I can't pick out the cornmeal and roasted oats exactly, but there is something unique, warm, and flour-ish (but not so dry) here.

It's like Lambs-Wool and Samhain had a baby that's a little more gourmand and a little more hay rides and corn mazes.  Oddly, it never veers towards being cologne-like on my skin.  It holds on to the earthy and sweeter notes.  Another love for me.

Edited by Little Bird