Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Maple syrup, brown sugar, molasses, and sea salt.

Edited by Jenjin

What the Blob (of 1958 fame) would smell like if it were slow-motion rip-roaring through Cracker Barrel. It’s going to engulf your pancake breakfast and the wooden booth to boot. And maybe it’ll slurp a jar of apple butter off the shelves when it exits through the general store. 

Gleamy, goopy, and a little bit country, with molasses charging thickly ahead and maple surple streaming in around the edges. The salt and brown sugar pluck in with a twang of texture and depth. If there’s any crust to be had, it’s been gobbled up by that dang ol’ Blob.

This may be called maple pie, but it's mostly about the molasses and the brown sugar, with the molasses being the star of the show for the first few hours of wear, backed by the brown sugar, and then the brown sugar dominating the scent by the end of the day. The molasses smells similar to the real stuff, minus any smokiness, and the brown sugar smells so realistic that I envision granules of it whenever I sniff this. The maple here is pretty tame... I have not been loving maple in perfumes over the past few years, and there's not enough of it in this to make me dislike the scent. I don't get any pie crust or anything distinctly PIE, but the prominent molasses and brown sugar notes make me think that I'm in the middle of making gingerbread or molasses cookie dough.

I would not have gotten a decant of this if I hadn't grabbed a set of the pies, but the decant is actually a keeper, and I'll have to try this again before it goes away to see if I need more of it.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Wet: WHEW that is basically a molasses single note.

Dry: Molasses and brown sugar, yes. Maple syrup? Not so much. :(  This smells more like a duet on me.

I really like this one! The molasses is there but it’s sweet and yummy. I get maple syrup on the skin but it’s the good real kind. Also some lovely brown sugar in the dry down. It’s so good. I kept getting whiffs of it all day and loved that! My mom liked it too. 😋