Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black Phoenix’s rapturous blend of three roses, radiant amber, and sensual red musk strapped in leather and covered in snow.

Edited by Jenjin

Rose and I don't always get along, so I was nervous about this one. But it wound up being my favorite Yule.

I would describe it as the baby of Snow White and Snow Zombie, with a tiny bit of Frostbitten Alice thrown in. The snow and leather predominate and the rose and amber are much fainter. It's incredibly well blended. In the bottle, it was a very dry and stiff scent; on me, it dried down into a feminine and elegant chilly scent. I've been wearing it nonstop.

ETA - Important: My bottle had the components badly separated, so I gave my bottle a vigorous shake before applying!

I get mostly red musk, leather and a tiny bit of coldness/snow....I don't detect much of the roses

It is nice and fairly unique, but not one I would find myself reaching for very often.

Edited by Akurarei
edited for clarity

This is much closer to Snow White than Spellbound in my opinion, like a rose infused Snow White.

Spellbound on its own is heady and overwhelming in the best way, but here those components are subdued by the blizzard of snow. The rose's petals are crisp with frost, the color drained from them. The musk and amber were worn by someone that left long ago, only hints of them remain. The leather straps are the thinnest laces, all for show. 

This has my favorite "OG Scotch Tape" snow note, the thick milky-opaque tape used on gifts in the 80s. It is not minty or coniferous or cologne-like, but creamy sugared slightly-plastic magic. It pairs wonderfully with the florals of Snowbound.

Like Spellbound, the amber and red musk combine on me in a way that reads to me more as sandalwood than anything else. The rose is noticeable, but in the background along with the snow note, which reads more fuzzy than cold. Overall, a rose tinted, especially fuzzy sandalwood like scent.