Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Chilly vanilla frankincense snowballs polluted with raw cacao, labdanum, and myrrh.

Edited by Jenjin

This is really very nice. I am looking forward to a full day's wear of this one sometime soon. Yes to all of the notes! To me, the 'chilly' is Snow White, not the minty or evergreen versions of chilly, if that matters. The vanilla, cacao and labdanum are strongest but this is very well done and I was able to smell all of the notes. It's almost too busy? But I really enjoy it. 

Eta: similar to Velvet Snow but different enough to enjoy having bottles of both.

Edited by HerbGirl

I was expecting this to be somewhat foody, but instead it's much more classically perfumey. Light, with an almost floral quality to the resins. The cacao, which often dominates scents, is pretty restrained - ditto the vanilla - though in cacao's case that may just be my sample, since it's the sludgy kind of cacao here.

Wow this is nice! Totally agree. Sweet Snow White snow, with dry sludgy cacao. If you shake the bottle, more of the cacao goodness comes out. Without a shake before application, I get more Snow White with just a bit of murk. My mind goes to slushy streets in Victorian England, like a scene in The Little Princess, but if they were the prettied up, wearable version.

The frankincense and myrrh don't go weird on me. It's not a lemony frankincense, or too dark. There's a bit of a medicinal but smoothed out edge, that brightens yet darkens at once. It reminds me a bit of Frostbitten SO and Frostbitten Lust which both are mostly sweet + musky resins on me, but this is behaving on my skin much better. 

Basically Snow White with dark cacao and resins/incense going on (not smoky). Snow White goes rogue, and does countermagick on the witch queen like "Good gracious, we're doing this now?" :lol: