Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Pomegranate, Wild Plum, and Green Tea

Pomegranate, Wild Plum, and Green Tea grove. 

Edited by Jenjin

Wonderfully juicy in the vial and on initial application. It is mouthwateringly tart on the surface, but with enough bitter, earthy and powdery complexity to avoid reading as sweetarts. I get the tannins from the dark fruits, and a cloud of dry green tea that's part hay, part fancy soap. The soap/powder facet dies down quickly, and becomes more of a musky underpinning. I love the combination of these notes. It's a very fresh take on clean and fruity. A definite wrist-huffer that keeps getting better on the skin.

Wet: I get a burst of fruity bubblegum. (Not expected) some element of the plum and pom mingling I think.

As it settles, I get more distinct wiffs of musky plum. The plum is a middling plum and I get the yellow-red flesh and slightly tart purple-red skin. The green tea is a dusty background note. The pom blends into the two.

Over time the individual notes meld into a plummy soap.

This smells like a luper to me. 

I don't like the bubblegum opening, but so far I like the way it settles on the my skin.

When it first touches my skin, I get a wave of too sweet for me syrupy pomegranate that reminds me of homemade grenadine. Fortunately, it settles down pretty quickly and the over sweetness backs off.

I'm left with fresh pomegranate juice, just cut into wild plums, and a delicate, airy pan roasted green tea that balance into a fresh, tart, juicy, and light scent that is really lovely. Very true to the notes and not too complicated, but that is excellent!