Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Hymn to St. Brigid 2023

A bounty of butter, honey, and sweet cream.

Far above enthroned in glory

Sweetest Saint of Erin’s Isle

See thy children kneel before thee

Turn on us a Mother’s smile.

Sancta Mater, hear our pleading

Faith and hope and holy love

Sweet St. Brigid, Spouse of Jesus,

Sent to us from Heaven above.

Sweet St. Brigid, Erin’s children,

Far and near o’er land and sea

In the world and in the cloister

Fondly turn with love to thee.

Sancta Mater, sooth the mourner

Shield the weary tempted soul

Sweet St. Brigid, guide thy children

To thy bright and happy home.

Edited by Jenjin

I was surprised with this perfume as my first 2023 Yule! My mom and husband collaborated to order it as a surprise and it arrived yesterday (12/23). I did a quick sniff in the bottle before bed and got honey incense??

After letting it rest overnight here is the rest of my review: Okay after letting the bottle sit over night it has gone from Honey incense to a sugary honey. At first application this is how it smells on the wrist; like you've dropped honey on your wrist and smeared it.

After about 15 or so minutes I'm assuming the sweet cream comes out in full force. It's turned very perfume-y BUT the throw is so light that it doesn't give me a headache unless I just hold my wrist up and snifffffff. I'm very on the fence with this oil, but my husband said "after the Agreenex incident it's definitely the least overwhelming perfume I've smelled on you from Bpal. Usually I can smell what your wearing 3 feet away from my nose. This one isn't that in your face but every time you move your arm I get a faint hint."
As of now, not a single hint of butter to be found anywhere.

Edited by ArtemisSelene

I have not tried any previous versions.

This is basically a floral (possibly champaca) honey single note. It's strong as hell, having more throw than any of the SNAKE OIL variants I tested along with it that day. I didn't get any butteriness from this scent, or even any creaminess, because it is honey af.

It is not for me, but if you want something that's unabashedly honey, here you go.