Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Gingerbread Ghost

An otherworldly snack: gingerbread twisted in ivy and chilled by white iris, osmanthus, calla lily, gladiolus, lisianthus, and delphinium.

Edited by Jenjin

On me this is a soft floral with a base of gingerbread. The gingerbread spices themselves are not very strong on me. It's only when I put my nose to my wrist that I can tell that this is gingerbread. From further away it smells more like  non distinct cookies.  The floral notes are very pretty, I can pick out the calla lily, iris and omanthus and at times the ivy. The gingerbread adds sweetness but on me it's not overly gingery. The florals dominate the gingerbread for me.

Edited by becca_s

A heady bouquet with some greenery and baked sweets on the side. The florals dominate strongly on me. I can pick out the osmanthus, lilies, and delphimiums, but mostly the florals combine into one, fresh cut bouquet note. I can also pick out the ivy, which gives a greenery undercurrent to the scent. The gingerbread is there, but barely noticeable on me. And it smells more like baked sweet than gingerbread specifically. Overall, a strong floral scent, with greenery and gingerbread on the side.

This reads mostly white floral, mostly lily, with some sweet bready spices underneath, almost fruity gingerbread. Good balance, soft, pleasant.

I retried this about a month later and a sharp green note is present and is discordant with the other notes.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak