Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Be sure to visit early in the morning to watch as scores of flaky chocolate-filled croissant are rolled out
on a walnut countertop with a maplewood rolling pin.

Edited by Jenjin

Carved Wooden Bakery features an extremely realistic croissant note. Seriously, whenever I smelled this, especially during the wet phase of the scent, I could imagine the flakiness and butteriness of a croissant. The wood notes end up being stronger than the croissant on me, with the walnut countertop actually having a bit of a walnut smell at first, and the maplewood not having any maple syrup qualities at all, for which I am thankful. The chocolate part of the croissant is pretty light and most evident once the scent is dry, and the wood notes really makes me think of the imagery of the Carved Wooden Village scents itself... like a chocolate-filled, buttery croissant has been placed in a carved little wooden building that has been declared a bakery. It's very evocative of its inspiration, with the smell of freshly carved, but smoothed over wood, and a croissant note that really does smell like a croissant!

The decant is a keeper, and I'll have to spend more time with this to see if I need more. I don't know how often I'd reach for it, but it's a very nice scent experience. I recommend trying this just for the experience. But don't go into this hoping for only bakery and no wood, or you will be disappointed. 

A savory bakery scent. The wood notes end up being strongest on me, but there is a noticeable laminated (ie airy and flaky) bread note to this scent. I don't get any chocolate, just warm, well used wooden countertops and cooking utensils and fresh baked bread. To me, this smells exactly like coming to a bakery when it first opens, fresh bread and an oven warmed interior.

This is the blend that taught me that walnut is not a good note on my skin. My first skin test was absolute 💩 so I decided to come back to it later after some rest. I was able to get a hint of chocolate croissant eventually, but for me, this is leaning into the walnut countertop for a deep whiff where you can tell it has been used for baked goods. I will tread lightly with walnut in the future!