Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Prune & Patchouli

tested this yesterday from a decant that got to rest a couple days, and if I had been testing blind I would never have guessed it had any fruit in it at all! gonna check this out again after a week or so and see if I can find any prune. 

in the meantime however, the mild cologne-y element of the DL accord made the patchouli feel bit more refined, and the two notes balanced out really nicely - not too much of either.

edited to add: on retest, there is some nice dark purple lurking in the background that adds dimension to the cologne-y feel of this blend. not one I would wear but I really appreciate the balance of it. 

Edited by LavenderCoffee

I LOVE THIS. 

The dead leaves and patchouli are very reminiscent of my beloved Autumn Leaves & Haitian Patchouli hair gloss, and the prune adds a touch of dark sweetness to them, without being fruity or sweet, if that makes sense. Prunes are dried plums, as raisins are dried grapes, and this prune has that dark chewy but dried note. It's not your grandpa's morning prune juice. I might need a backup bottle of this!

I love this too, my decant had to rest for a while, when I first tried it it was too strong, the patchouli was a little sour, and it just wasn't working well on my skin.  After a couple months this has settled down a lot and it's a lot more agreeable on me.  

The patchouli is still strong but I do feel the notes are well balanced, even though the patchouli stands out, I can smell the leaves and prune doing their thing in the background.  I think patchouli is the star, on my skin anyway.  Dang it!  I had marked myself safe but now I may need more of this.  

Edited by forspecial_plate