Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Black Cherry & Incense Tar

Goes on with a nice big hit of black cherry, but as it dries it does read more like cherry incense and less like fruity cherry. the incense note is really nice and I'm not getting a ton of dead leaves. pretty, quiet blend. 

A strong, dusty wiff of black cherry. It vaguely reminds me of that cherry flavored dip candy. Over dusty, dry crushed leaves. The tar is this.... background, lingering aftertaste note. It reminds me of road crack sealing tar.

The cherry incense note here is very similar to the cherry incense in the luper 'dried cherry incense in spun sugar', but swap dried cherry with dried black cherry.

The cherry is gone pretty quickly. Now it's the memory of cherry, dusty leaves and tar.

I don't mind it so far. I might get a bottle to experience layering my other cherry scents with.

This goes on as the sharp variety of dead leaves, which I think may feature some bitter neroli in the accord, backed by a bold black cherry note. The black cherry quickly asserts itself, and the incense emerges, so that it mostly smells like a dark cherry incense for a few hours, before the leaves join in again, demanding to be noticed. The cherry and incense tar make me think that this is in the same family as Moon When the Cherries Turn Black, but with MOAR cherry, and this, of course, being far more simplistic than that blend. I feel like the incense is this is darker and more resinous than the incense in Dried Cherry Incense and Spun Sugar, which was more of a sugared champa-infused incense stick to me... and I'd much rather have this cherry and this incense...  but without the leaves.

I'm just not a dead leaves fan and was sad when the leaves had a resurgence, as I had hoped that the black cherry had beaten them back for good. :lol: I don't find this to be unpleasant for a dead leaves scent, but there's still too much dead leaves here for me. I just want the cherry! :P 

Edited by doomsday_disco