Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Fig, Autumn Amber, and Tobacco

This is delightful, but unexpected. I love the figgy woodiness of The Grave Pig and I love the Lab's various tobacco types. I've had Fig, Autumn Amber, and Tobacco for about a week now and to me it smells like applewood. Not smoky, but literally like warm wood and the fig seems more apple-y to me. I like it! This is a great scent for when it starts to get chilly outside. 

This has a bougie autumn candle feeling. Gorgeous fig upfront backed up by amber and tobacco. It is slightly spicy/woody, and I can't tell if there is a hint of dried leaves or if it is just the tobacco giving that sort of effect. It's warming and very autumnal, and somehow very elegant while also being homey. 

Sweet and Smoky indeed! There's nothing acrid about this. It's a very smooth, spicy-sweet woody scent. I cannot pick out individual notes- they swirl and meld together in a very autumnal scent. It really does smell like a very high-end fragrance. I've been using my decant in the car. It is long-lasting... A couple of spritzes in the car and I can still smell it when I get back in a couple of hours later. I'm not only upgrading my decant to a full bottle, but getting a backup as well. This is one that I will want to keep on hand for a very long time and will regret when mine is gone and it's no longer available. I've learned my lesson the hard way on this.

Seconding the bougie autumn candle vibes! I don't think that's a bad thing, especially in an atmo spray. The fig is jammy and sweet, but also a little earthy. There is a spice note somewhere in here, maybe that's the autumn part of the amber? The tobacco note is more like a bowl of glowing pipe tobacco than a rich pouch of chewy tobacco. It is smoky, but it's not overwhelming the other notes.

Overall, it's quite nice. It'd be good to spray on your throw pillows during October.