Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The electric green mandarin is reading as a strong, intensely sweet lime candy (like lime slushie syrup - just the syrup) mixed with the dry soapiness of laundry dryer sheets.  I can smell the sweet chocolate (too much sweetness) and all of the other notes going dry, fuzzy, and oddly musty.  It's so strange and chaotic.  The candy impression fades away in the drydown and then there's a rubbery, plasticy tone that's similar to the scent of opening plastic pool toys, and it starts to get a little smoky, like someone set that odd, fuzzy, dusty note on fire. 
It reminds me of some of the houses my family has flipped over the years, like the scent of going into a home where everything is vaguely damp and moldy and the carpets are full of decades of grime and it's just nauseating.  The whole thing turns my stomach, and I expected this to be a safe blind buy based on the notes.  Something about the dustiness of the black fur note, I think, with the sharp soapiness of the "electric" part, and then the hints of cloying sweetness and powder and plastic and fuzz... 

I wouldn't typically use the words "chocolatey" and "fresh" together in the same sentence and I don't know that's what I am doing here either--but I don't know that I am not? Halloween cat smells a bit like huffing dry brownie mix; absent the sweetness and gooeyness, there's a bracing, savory aspect to the cocoa. A pale nimbus of citrus hovers, a timorous, shimmering aurora haloing the arid chocolate.

A surprising mix of amber deep chocolate and bright citrus. I can't pick out the coconut husk, I think it may be adding to the musky nature of the chocolate/amber mix. The chocolate and citrus are equally strong on me, but in a way that isn't foodie. The notes also are well blended together, the scent overall is a bit of a head scratcher for me. I don't know quite what to make of it. But if bright citrus matched with earthy, amber and chocolate is of interest to you, this may be the scent for you.

I got a decant of this, and the cacao in the oil separates, so this oil needs lots of rolling before being applied.

I get cacao mixed with lots of green mandarin, amber, and musk during the wet phase of the scent. Over time, the mandarin calms down, the cacao becomes pretty faint, and the musk gains strength, so that it is mostly a musky amber on me, with hints of the mandarin and cacao that remain. I can't pick out the coconut husk in this, and I've tried it twice, a few weeks apart.

This is another cat scent that is sadly too musky for me, but it was fun to get to try it.