Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I said to myself, "self, you don't usually enjoy white sandalwood, and you are touch and go with moss, what are you doing here exactly?" but I wanted to smell the other two spooky duets for sure and I could not leave this one behind, so there we have it. and now I have it, and I've put some on, and it's really quite nice. plus I don't know for a fact that this is white sandalwood, but I know that is often a note used to represent nice dry bones.

honestly it's much softer and snugglier than I was expecting, even though there is also a touch of the masc-leaning/cologne effect that was expected from the moss. I think my next project has to be to layer this one with Abelard, and Belladonna Berries with Heloise. and then switch those combos. and then layer the combos?! ...and descend into delightful layering madness.  

This goes on with the lovely soft green scent bpal uses in many of it's moss notes, but it's warmed by a smooth sandalwood. I love BPAL's white sandalwood (but I know a lot of people don't) and it doesn't go powdery on me, it's more a warmth on my skin, so this is a fantastic mix of warmth and greenness on me, with a bit of underlying cleanness. I suppose some would consider this more cologny with that moss note, but it's definitely wearable by anyone. I'm not sure that it's white sandalwood in this one, but the sandalwood here smells the same to me as the one in the Fig and White Sandalwood hair gloss (which I love and hope comes back soon!). Full bottle for me.

Clean men's cologne.  I got a decant because the notes reminded me of Hessian of the Hollow, I always loved that and regretted not getting a full bottle.  This is totally nice and smells like a traditional men's cologne, almost like Hugo from Hugo Boss maybe?  Which does have moss and sandalwood in the base notes.. Or Eternity, something like that from the 90's.  

It does bring to mind Hessian of the Hollow, somewhat, but this seems cleaner and less spooky.  It also reminds me of something else recent, one of the painting scents, but I can't remember which one... I'll edit if I remember it.  

I do enjoy this, I just don't know if I really should get a full bottle or not.  I'm having to narrow down my Halloween choices here and I'm kind of torn on this one. 

I will say this - I was a little worried about the moss note going "aftershave" or just amping on me but it's totally well-behaved, not sharp or obnoxious at all (I have had issues in the past with moss).

Edited by forspecial_plate