Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sagacious and playful: rose petals and champagne swirling with Italian bergamot, neroli, orris root, peony, violet sugar, and blackberry syrup.

I really wanted to like this but it turned in to industrial strength cleanser (like a lower pitch, less bleachy Comet powder) on me immediately.   I can smell all of the notes in the tester so I know they're there.  I LIKE the way they smell together.  This is well-blended with a good balance of low-key sweet, citrus, and floral.

I'm not sure if it's the violet, bergamot, or champagne (a very dry brüt could have this kind of tang) but this one does not like me and my skin chemistry.

Edit: tried on a spot closer to my elbow a few hours after initial application about a minute ago.  I got a blast of neroli and bergamot but that cleanser smell is screaming to the surface (~45s).

Edited by DigitalCoyote

Strong and sharp on me - I like these notes but it would have to be about half this intensity for me to enjoy it.  I'm mostly getting a citrus + champagne scent with some floral accents but not strong rose - I think the violet sugar note is actually coming out stronger than the rose.  I like how it smells, maybe I can handle like teeny tiny dots of it on my skin.  I will try that.

Neroli champagne! I'm not super keen on neroli, but this is actually really nice. Very much fresh fizzy/sparkly vibes. I wish some of the other notes came out more but this is a lovely springy-summery scent. It is fairly strong with good throw and lasting power on me. If only it were more rose + champagne, it would be perfect ♡