Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Alabaster sandalwood, glimmering honeyed skin musk, wild mosses and wilder wildflowers, red clover, creeping thyme, raw leather, scarlet mushroom caps, and oak boughs.

Dark, balsamic woods! I can't really pick out most of the notes. It's a tad fresher in the bottle but stays pretty linear. A tad savory, a little sweet, but overall, this is all about those deep, dark woods. No evergreens, I wouldn't have guessed florals either but there is a bit of fresh wildflower floating around. If you love the oak note, you will love this. I think the skin musk is here, smoothing out everything, keeping it reasonably clean but not soapy in anyway. This comes across very natural. There's leather in this? Huh. I guess that makes sense?

I dig it, I dig it. I kind of see a man in a highwayman's coat at night and there's a spooky forest with boney tree limbs.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Fresh from the mail, the mushroom and leather blend with the skin musk in a lovely, earthy melange.

I amp skin musk, especially honeyed skin musk. Sadly, that happens here eventually and I miss out on the complexity of the scent.

If you don't have an issue with amping honeyed skin musk, then I highly recommend. I was so excited about the sweet mushroom leather.

i was very intrigued by this note list and excited to test this. so it's only been a day out of the mail. i wasn't sure what vibe to expect. the only thing that was a potential no for me was the raw leather aspect, but for leather ampers like myself have no worries because the leather doesn't amp for me here. it's actually barely noticeable at all for me, i completely forgot it was in the note list until rechecking after application. 

in the bottle this smells like celery seed. i suspect this is the mushroom because once applied it goes from celery to like a yeasty greenness. it's definitely very green, but not fresh cut grass or leafy green. more like a green musk. to my nose, i would say this veers masculine in the sense that it's well blended and gives off more of a cologney vibe rather than a sweet perfume. i would guess that's the sandalwood or oak adding a little base but neither one is really detectable on their own. 

after an hour or so the yeastiness fades away leaving the musky green cologne and omg this scent is so good. it's got a moderate throw and it laaaasts all day on me, 6 hours before the throw starts to fade and by 8 hours it's fading but still faintly detectable on the skin (my skin eats perfume so this is a long last for me). another well-blended painting, 10/10