Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Blood Orange, Ylang Ylang, & Lime

Wet: A brief hit of floral quickly succeeded by the ORANGEST [Blood] ORANGE TO EVER ORANGE IN THE HISTORY OF ORANGE.

Semidry: The ORANGEST [Blood] ORANGE TO EVER ORANGE IN THE HISTORY OF ORANGE SAYS THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE in this trio.

Dry: Blood orange with a faint hint of lime.  Just fresh citrus, like if you were in the process of cutting fruit.  Hours (approx. 15)  later? Still blood orange.

It's not unpleasant to me: I just wasn't prepared for how it played out on my skin like a single note.

I think this is a keeper if your skin amps citrus or fruit over floral or if you're looking for a very citrus forward scent.

Edited by DigitalCoyote

Ylang ylang and orange on me. I get some lime on the initial application, but it quickly goes away. The ylang ylang starts off strong, but overall, this is a softer floral citrus scent. On me it has a pretty low throw. I'd also describe the orange as more of a mandarin note than blood orange. A bit disappointed, I was hoping for a scent with more staying power on me.

I love ylang ylang, blood orange, and lime. Such a win for all three scents. 

Wet and in bottle: orange orange orange orange

Dry: Ylang ylang serves as a shim to keep the orange table from wobbling, with a slice of lime left out on the table top. 

Love it! Wish the ylang ylang came out stronger but I'll definitely take it. 

Just juiced and zested limes, just zested blood orange, currently in the process of being juiced. The blood orange fresh juiciness is the strongest note, but the fresh tart lime is also very present, and the zest and oil notes of both fruits are amplifying and complementing the juice notes.

Ylang Ylang is the quietest note here, but it is a beautiful and identifiable floral note wafting over the citrus and blending nicely with them.

Well balanced citrus forward three note, and I'm definitely distinctly getting all three notes.