Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Bay Rum, Molasses, & Patchouli

Hel-LO, Mr. Sexy Man-Cookie! Is the oven door open or is it just warm in here? Slide closer and drip some more of that sweet, rich molasses on me. I love how close you sit on my skin. 

This blend is so mellow and soft; chewy like a dessert bar, warm like fur. I normally shy away from bay rum blends - I like it from a distance, but I don't like anything to read as cologne on my skin - but here it just sweetens the molasses and balances the patchouli. I really didn't expect to love this blend as much as I do. 

BLUF: The notes of all three smells work together to create a gentle yet sweet dark scent that doesn't overpower or dominate.

Wet: Rum (not boozy) and molasses combine to make a rich and sweet pairing.

Semi-dry: The patchouli keeps the two of them from going over the edge in to a saccharine abyss.

Dry: Warm, sweet smell that has a long throw but holds close to the skin.  Not particularly foody/gourmand at this point.

oh yeah. the tl;dr is SEXY COOKIE. ie., what if a cookie was a person, and what if they were also sexy as hell. 

imo the vibe is very similar to the yule blend Gingerbread and Leather (black leather, gingerbread, clove, and tobacco) - these two cookies might hang with the same crowd. I wasn't sure about the bay rum component, because sometimes it can be a bit overpowering, but here it's just right. and the molasses is not overly sweet either.

I am gonna wear the hell out of this and my word, I would also love to smell it on the right someone.