Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Caramelized black violet, nagarmotha, frankincense, and sweet labdanum thunderstruck by a deep, cacophonous boom of 7-year aged patchouli, cacao, and black musk.

This comes on as a lot of powdery cacao, like sticking my nose in a box of unsweetened cocoa. Sweet resins appear around the edge. Somehow this does make me think of thunderstorms. Maybe it's partly the violets giving a clean shower feel against the dark resins and patchouli. The throw is quite sweet but not overwhelming and I'm interested to see how this will age.

Similar to Scattered Gloom.

Edited by patina

There is a subtle amount of cocoa that disappears within 30 minutes on me. This reminds me so much of Our Lady of Pain after 30 minutes...just switch the florals. I love it. The labdanum is most prominent for me, but there's something that makes me smell an opium-esque note, too. Very nice, resinous and long lasting.

Violets sweetened and darkened with a dusting of cocoa powder, an atmospheric and realistic, slightly watery ozone that truly does smell like air heavy with the promise of lightning and rainfall, with edges full of wet soil and incense. 

Settles into a gourmand floral that's touched with cool, crisp, staticy air and fat raindrops hitting the earth, and curls of witchy incense smoke caught up in that electric air.  It's very dark, unusual, and moody and I really like it.  It doesn't remind me of any other scents in my collection, so it's very unique.  I'm happy to have full bottled this.