Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Ylang Ylang, Raw Sugar, and Clove

This starts off heavy on the sugar and clove, which are backed by the ylang ylang at first. The ylang ylang gains strength over time, eventually becoming the most prominent aspect of this scent by the end of the day, but it is at no point high-pitched or super heady.

I really love the wet phase of this scent with the strong sugar and clove, and I'm imagining those notes paired with something like the cherry from the morello cherry trio. :beg: I don't dislike the ylang ylang here, but I went from "BOTTLE!?!?!" during the wet phase to "it's okay" by the time this had been on for six hours. The decant is a keeper, but what I really want is more of this sugar and clove (which now makes me think I should try layering 13 March 2020 with my Sweet Clove SN...).

Edited by doomsday_disco

I've recently discovered that I love clove scents, so had to try a sample of this one.

In the bottle I'm hit with the ylang ylang and then clove, not getting the sugar as an extra note, more just an overall sweetness.

I love the way the clove sticks to me on drydown, with the ylang ylang behind it hitting the back of my nose. Right next to my skin the floral is stronger with that spicy clove alongside. Lasts a while with the floral fading to become kind of a mild accent on the sweet clove. This is a keeper for me, and I want to try layering with some ginger-forward scents when we head into autumn.

For me this starts out with alot of Ylang Ylang, but it quickly takes a back seat to the sugar and the clove. The scent becomes sugared clove on me. The sugar note is really lovely and well balanced by the clove. After this has settled into my skin I can hardly detect the Ylang Ylang at all. 

Edited by becca_s

No sugar and clove to me, just tons of ylang ylang, which I don't exactly love when it's one of the sweeter, powdery varieties.  It's like a bouquet of rotting tropical flowers that is turning sickly-sweet with powdery undertones.  I was hoping for the sugared clove, but don't get any spiciness.