Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scent for the Shadow Between the Hedgerows: hay absolute, red benzoin, clove bud,

brown sandalwood, balsam, hops, cardamom, German chamomile, and cacao ambrette.

This starts off strong on the hay and spice (far more clove than cardamom), backed by the woods and a bit of hops. Over time, the resins gain strength, as does the ambrette part of the cacao ambrette (which only lends a hint of cacao to the scent on me), and the clove calms down, so that it ends up being a warm, musky, hay and resin scent (I think the sandalwood is the strongest of those notes).

I was really hoping for more cacao from this, but the musky ambrette ended up being stronger than I would have liked. I think the recently released Hay Absolute, Cacao, and Cardamom will be more up my alley, but if everything here sounds good to you and you were hoping for little cacao, you might want to give this a whirl.

In the bottle, very strong on the herbal cocoa, with a dash of clove. Reminds me of some of the earlier 13's. I'm actually wanting less chocolate, so lets see what happens on my skin. 

CLOVES!  Cause I amp it. 😁  But now it's calming down and the more herbal smells are coming through.

Awwww... I smell like a bunny. ☺️ There's a gentle, natural sweetness that reminds me a bit of the sweetness in carrot seed, and the cocoa gives the impression of sweet, dusty earth, spiked with a little metallic tang from the cloves. My impression is of sun-warmed prairie. 

I like this!  It's along the lines of what I was hopping for. It's warm, well-blended, and very grounding. There's also quite a bit of complexity, making it interesting. For those who like natural/naturey fragrances, or comforting brown musk scents, this is a good one. Get it while it's still hare!  😂

Edited by VetchVesper

In the bottle, it's soft and spicy, with a detectable note of cacao. Fresh on skin, I get quite a lot of cacao, and something that's reminded me of white florals - though to be fair, I usually avoid chocolate notes in all their forms. Here, the cacao (ect) is dark, unsweetened, and feels similar to coffee. As it dries, the chocolate vibe becomes less identifiable and intense, and it's more just a warm, musky, slightly spicy haze.

Other opinions: "That smells really familiar, but I can't place it." ("Coco powder?") "Yes. Definitely."

Once again, not always helpful to compare to other blends, but this does remind me of Rabbit Moon 2021 - but with the cacao, it's a little darker and feels more mischievous relative to the "prettier" Rabbit.