Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Luk

Seeking "cat" recommendation for a kid

My young kid loves my small bpal collection and loves their pet cat, and has asked me if I can get a perfume that "smells like a cat". I see the Felis Silvestris Catus collection, but most of them don't yet have reviews and I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable to make a prediction about which scents might really evoke "cat" in some way. I see some reviews of The Small Brown Cat mention a fuzzy smell, so that might work. I think my kid would be especially thrilled by a perfume that's a bit floral or foodie, but that's not a requirement. Preferably it would have a cat pictured on the label and/or "cat" in the name. I obviously don't want to choose something that smells boozy or notably sexy or has a label/name that would be wildly inappropriate for a young kid. What would you recommend? Thanks so much!

Velvet (gentle sandalwood warmed by cocoa vanilla and a veil of deep myrrh) might be a contender. Reviews are mixed but I find it very cozy and it would be easy to get a hold of since it's GC. I think at least one of the 13 scents had a cat on the label as did some of the Weenies.

Thanks! I now see a couple of the 13 scents that have cats and will keep an eye out for them secondhand.

@Luk Gooped Familiar is a cinnamon candy sort of scent from this year's weenies and features a black cat on the label.

Cheshire Cat and Schrodienger's Cat are both general catalog scents you can get samples of. The label won't have a cat, but they're both fun, bright scents I think would work nicely for a tween or kiddo. 

The above suggestions are all really good too. 😸

Edited by VetchVesper

I haven’t smelled this one, but it’s caught my eye on the website before, and this thread made me think of it:

https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/shop/limited-edition/felis-silvestris-catus/cat-seen-from-behind-perfume-oil/

Cat Seen From Behind, with toasted sandalwood, tonka bean, rice milk and patchouli. Sounds very warm and snuggly and comforting to me.