Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Almond Blossoms, Patchouli, and Sea Salt

I'm not sure why I got a decant of this - none of the 3 elements really work on me - but I have it a try. And I'm so glad I did!

It's..... hard to describe. The almond blossom is clean and smooth, but spikey with salt. Patchouli is either a miniscule amount or a different type (white patch?), because it keeps the blossom from going to powder. At the wet stage it's an ok scent; once dry, it's delightfully clean and unisex. A white scent without vanilla, believe it or not! 

In the vial, I mostly get sugared, dark patchouli. On my skin, the patchouli is also the center of attention. The almond blossom is delicate, mostly only around to add a sheer nut tinge to the patchouli. After the perfume dries on my skin, I can smell the sea salt only if I sniff my skin up close. It's more like the salty aftermath of sweat dried on skin after a hard workout than salt from ocean spray.

This is an unusual one! In the bottle, I'm getting patch with marzipan-like sweetness, with just a slight funk that I think is coming from the sea salt. As it dries down, it goes sour and plasticky on me, but that settles after drydown, leaving me with a light but sweet and chewy patch, a hint of sweetness from the almond blossoms, and a bit of salty funk. Agreed with the above reviewer that the salt note is more post-workout skin than oceanic.