Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Radiant emerald rivulets of sugared absinthe and lemon leaf draped with sheer lemon blossom.

My reviews are not as clinical as I used to try to be, more stream of consciousness. Hopefully I takes sense…

In the bottle it’s a very lovely lemon & fennel. Like absinthe with a lemon drop candy somewhere.

It’s been a few days & it’s stayed the same on my skin (& in the bottle). It’s gorgeous. The lemon is a soft, sweet lemon (though still bright enough to be great for a summer vibe). The absinthe is almost the same as the BPAL “Absinthe” but brighter, cleaner. Less of the anise/fennel note threads, it blends really smoothly with the sugar in the lemon & sort of just creates this bright, glittery citrus smell with some herbs.

After the dry down for a few hours the fennel & aniseed stay more so than the citrus so it becomes more of a lazy, summer sunset feel. 

If the alcohol note were more prominent, it would almost feel like a very sunny white sangria. Regardless, I’m really liking it & o hope it doesn’t morph much in the coming months.

(In a side by side with my aged bottle of “Absinthe” I notice more of the absinthe in this blend, but it’s still the same mellow feeling version.)

I don’t get any lemon or fennel. Smells light and grassy, almost like a fake grass scent. Definitely late summer vibes. Was expecting more tbh!

This one starts out promising, with soft lemon blossom backed with slightly more green and astringent lemon leaf. There's something a bit powdery and vintage-perfume about it, but still bright and appealing. As it wears, the anise slowly takes over -- after drydown, this is predominantly anise with faint greens and citrus lurking in the background. This one's a like, but not love for me.