Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A pale cluster of lily of the valley bells swaying in a silent mist of champaca petals and sandalwood.

Really pretty, soft, somewhat powdery floral, it's very slightly sweet. This is a very calm, soothing scent, like a worn blanket at your grandmother's. Like the big baby's room in Spirited away- it brings to mind padded soft surfaces and rooms made of pillows. Definitely pretty, comforting, dreamy. This is a *lovely* sleep scent, and I may get a backup bottle so I can dream with it for a long time ❤️

Edited by bygraveyardlight

Often @bygraveyardlight and I are of the same mind, this is dreamy. At first, it was mostly a nice smooth neroli, nothing novel, but very snuggly and calming like a fairy napping. The drydown is sooo pretty, gorgeous sweet sandalwood with champaca, the way they play together is *stunning*, ethereal, and otherworldly.

Tried again today and must edit, quite a bit more champaca in the opening than I remember, softening the neroli and with a whisper of sweet sandalwood. I love this so much.

Ack must edit again. I forgot Lily of The Valley was in this, not neroli, yet it still smells like it to me, just much much softer and subdued. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Unsurprisingly for my skin, lily of the valley is the foremost note here. It's a delicate yet somehow also sweetly spicy floral on me, and is as always a scent note I love.

Champaca was the note I was potentially uncertain on here, but it's supporting and rounding out the lily of the valley with some richer, deeper florals - adding something almost reminiscent of a jasmine on me (this pleases me).

The sandalwood is subtle on my skin, but adds a nice slightly dry woody note to the mix that helps ground the scent.

It's tied together as a slightly floral-spicy scent that smells like perhaps it is being wafted through the air after having been applied to an old softly scented sandalwood fan.

Glad I got this, and will happily use my bottle of it, not likely to get a backup bottle unless I find myself reaching for it a lot while it's still up on the site.