• Members
  • 5,797 posts
  • Mood:Loved
  • SotD:Inez
  • Horse
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:22 AM

A gossamer armor: seemingly delicate, but as strong as adamant. Opalescent vanilla-infused benzoin with silvered iris, white patchouli, mimosa blossom, and white musk.

I must be smelling the florals here...must be the mimosa blossom and a touch of iris giving the blend that lift that iris gives (lovely) but I don't smell vanilla, benzoin and I might be smelling a bit of white patchouli.  I'm sure with aging they will come forth, but not now, not yet.  This is extremely Vernal, in my humble opinion, and I will be putting the atmo and hair gloss away until next year and am looking forward to it already.   :) Beautiful.

I wanted to edit - I sprayed this a few minutes ago and it is amazing how much different this scent is in just a week or two of settling! NOW I definitely smell a lovely combo of Iris, white musk and white patchouli with some slightly dry, spicy vanilla.  Forget what I said about waiting for Spring...this will get much use now.   :) Just as beautiful, but now the full experience. 

#2 Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 3,661 posts
  • Mood:squeeable
  • Dog
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

To me this reads really smooth foodie, like an iris cookie covered with vanilla buttercream.  It is very exquisite.  I have two of these atmos, probably won't need more but one extra may make its way in to my cart...

#3 theseagrows

theseagrows

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 4,215 posts
  • Mood:transforming
  • SotD:deathrock
  • Horse
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:49 AM

i just sprayed this around the room and it's a light, fresh floral scent. i think it'd be perfect in spring or summer. it's mostly mimosa, iris and white musk, from what i can tell. i don't seem to get much vanilla or benzoin really. a very pretty, ethereal scent, very evocative of delicate butterfly wings and springtime gardens.

#4 zankoku_zen

zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 13,612 posts
  • Mood:BPAL Beast Mode
  • SotD:Permanently TALed UP
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

I have to say that I got a decant in a clear plastic bottle, and you can tell that the oils separate, with a heavier, redder oil coating the bottom. It was imperative to really roll (I was reduced to shaking the thing) to get an even mixture.

With that said, I got a very spring/summer blend that was mostly mimosa and iris, with a touch of white musk and vanilla for sweetness. It was fresh, delicate, without being overly flowery. I can see why the Chorion HG would be gorgeous, but definitely a springy blend.

I'll spritz again and see if I need more.

#5 Jangzonrice

Jangzonrice

a little too imp-ulsive

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • SotD:A stroll through the quarter
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

Mimosa, musk, and vanilla...great summer scent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users