Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dalliance with a Comedian on Stage

Sawdust and red musk, blueberries, black currant, plum blossom, sake, rose petals, and frankincense.

A fruity-herbal tea, left to steep and steam in a porcelain cup, now fermenting in a jar. Berries and blossoms begin as a humble, wholesome tisane but somehow end up a tart, tipsy kombucha.

This is a perfume that doesn't smell anything like the given notes right now. Smelling blindly, I guessed lilac and dusty parchment and ink in a bubbly champagne. So I guess the sawdust does come through as dust! But not in like a, Home Depot lumber aisle kind of way. It lends to the bookish atmosphere of parchment and ink, a bit like A Silhouette. Lilac is really speaking to me too for some reason, which might be the cross between rose petals and plum blossom. It doesn't smell to me LIKE rose or plum, however. The fizz is definitely the sake, and it's pretty inescapable. The black currant is probably what lends an inky quality to the blend, and perhaps the frankincense is giving parchment?

No red musk or blueberries so far, and if you're used to rose being ROSE, she hasn't shown up to this party yet. 

This is quite a strange and unusual one, because my brain would love this to be a bookish scent, but the fizzy bubbly sake takes it in a different direction and for me those two moods don't fit neatly together. I'll keep an eye on this one but I don't expect the champagney note to ever go away, it seems to be at the core of this Dalliance, so good news for those who love the fizz.

Between sawdust and red musk, somehow the sawdust wins. It's a rather clean sawdust, and I would not have guessed sawdust either. I might have guessed plum wine, which is almost correct. Maybe silly to guess at interpretation but this is almost like taste of something delicious in a cheap setting, ie., on a hastily assembled wooden platform - although the backdrop is lovely. It's unique for me in a couple ways: haven't got anything else with sawdust, and my skin doesn't take off with either the red musk or the frankincense. Clean, dark fruits, drop of wine, easy to wear.