Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scales of a fish may seem delicate, but they are incredibly powerful. They aid in both camouflage and protection, and this oil will also aid you in knowing when to stand your ground, when to fight back, and when to fade into the kelp.

Pink lotus absolute ( Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn.), white willow bark (Salix alba), whole vanilla beans and vanilla absolute (Vanilla planifolia), lilac petals and leaf (Syringa vulgaris), fig leaf and fruit from the TAL garden (Ficus carica), Sumatran benzoin tears and absolute (Styrax benzoin), double-distilled Indonesian vetiver essential oil (Vetiveria zizanioides), tuberose absolute (Polianthes tuberosa), and melon rind (Cucumis melo).

This is one of my favorite TALs and I'm surprised I'm the only reviewer so far (I should have reviewed sooner, but when I love something a lot, can be difficult to find what to say . . . so I'm keeping it simple). Scent-wise it's light, pretty, and unobtrusive; the florals don't overwhelm. Ethereal and silvery like its namesake. I love willow as a note and the vanilla makes everything harmonize really well. I feel calmer and more grounded when I wear this, more able to go with the flow and manage stressful situations. 

Edited by feyofthefellwood

I am only reviewing the scent.

This stays very floral on me throughout wear. Aside from the lotus, which does have a bit of a bubblegum-y quality during the wet phase, and the tuberose, which is the dominant floral on me after several hours of wear, it's really hard to pick out the notes in this scent. I just couldn't help thinking floral, but with a bit of an aquatic vibe.... and I'm not sure what was giving me aquatic impression, as I don't see any distinctly aquatic notes listed here. I was never able to pick up on the vetiver (woot!), but I also was never able to pick up on the vanilla (wahh). But really, this is so well-blended that it's hard to pick out the notes, for the most part.

There isn't enough sweetness here for me to gravitate towards this, but it was nice to get to try it.