Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Fir Needle, Ivy Leaves, Moss, and Patchouli

PINE FOREST. This smells like pine, and wood, and dirt. So if you're missing being in a pine forest, look no further. Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle: Bright, sweet pine, like a brand new Christmas tree brought in from the cold.

Wet: Really fresh, almost minty fresh, and still very heavy on the pine. Then a hint of something darker begins to thread itself through.

Dry: Tingly pine and a hint of something bitter and medicinal. Also, there is a touch of something citrusy.

After a few minutes: Christmas tree and soap, mostly. It's very clean, but there is a distant, leathery something that I can't quite identify.

After first hour: Incensey, soapy, clean, mossy, ferny, herby. Very nice. It smells like an expensive cologne, the kind that has quality ingredients and actually is worth the money you fork out for it.

The patchouli keeps getting stronger and more incensey and soapy. Definitely a sweet, oddly clean patchouli. Sorry filthy fans!

After two and a half hours: I think this might be the yummy, soapy scent I have been dreaming of. Clean, rich, incensey, spicy, green and deep.

I wouldn't have guessed that patchouli and all this greenness would work this well together.

Interestingly, I just stumbled across the fact that the Lab had a duet of patchouli and Canadian balsam, so maybe their harmony isn't so surprising after all.

After 5 hours: Soft, mossy, sweet, incensey green.

Slather test: Clouds of sweet, sagey, herbal green, with a faint incensey tang.

Final verdict: This is niiiiiiice. I think I'm keeping it. 💚

Edited by Greensleeves

Retesting Fir Needle, Ivy Leaves, Moss, and Patchouli

In the bottle: Fresh green pine.

Wet: Super fresh pine, powdery green herbs.

Dry: The pine has died down a bit as a mossy, grassy green comes forward.

After a few minutes: A rich, tangy, incensey note is coming out from behind the green, that must be the patchouli. There is a bit of soapiness now, but to me it's pleasant and not excessive.

The patchouli keeps moving further forward as time passes, but the pine keeps standing up for itself.

After first hour: There is a real musky richness that must be the patchouli asserting itself even more.

The pine and green notes seem to have retreated to the background, but they haven't gone away, just kind of snuggled in and got cozy with the patchouli.

This smells deliciously expensive, and the incense-like note I always enjoy is coming out again.

After two and a half hours: Hello hippy headshop in the woods!

After 5 hours: Faint incensey, musky green.

Slather test: A cloud of hippy forest-scented bliss.

Final verdict: Definitely a keeper - even better than the first test.