Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Peach, Lemon Peel, and Sugared Blackberry

In The Bottle: A sugary edge of a lemon rind followed closely by a light fruit salad.

Wet On Skin: The sugary peel continues to be out front. Of the four Peach scents I got, this is the least peach-fronted. I don't mind though- it was the lemon and blackberry that caught my eye with this scent, so I'm pleased so far with how it's shaping up!

Dry Down: This scent has stayed more or less the same from bottle through full dry down, which is unusual for me. The peach and blackberry are light and fresh- nothing goes plastic or turns into a fake or candy-ish version of itself. The lemon peel sprinkled with sugar remains the star of the show, but not overt the way lemon sometimes can be (Spirit Board: YES, Happy Baby In A Long Dress and Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat all come to mind). 

In All: Extremely low throw- by all means, do a skin test first but don't be surprised if you need to slather this one. But it's totally okay, as this scent is perfect for daytime wear. A nice transitional scent, the fruit speaks of the last tendrils of summer, but the citrus rind makes it lovely to usher in the beginnings of fall. Lovely!

While I only was able to partake of a couple of peaches, this one wound up being my favorite!

this is an equally balanced fruit melange, which a definite sweetness from the sugar and the peach. The lemon peel adds a bit of balancing brightness which makes for an interesting counterpoint. I find all three key components in equal proportions, and also don’t find that this one morphs much. If you’re a fruit fan, this one’s a keeper.

Sugared blackberry in the house! 🤩

I'm reveling in just how much jammy-ass sugar this holds. The scent nearly sparkles with fruit-jam white sugar, and I'm here for it.

This reminds me of a childhood day of collecting raspberries and then making raspberry jam... and marveling at the quantity of white sugar going into the mix.

The fruits themselves are bright, bold (even bombastic), and balanced. Blackberry led the trio when freshly applied, but all fruits were present, and as the blend settles, its fruits even out. 

This is one for devotees of sugar and fruit.