Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

A Voluptuous Embrace Hair Gloss

Red plum, pineapple, and King mandarin with pink grapefruit, bergamot, cherry blossom, oakmoss, and crushed mint. 

In short; Holy Mackrel 😍.

I sniffed this right out of the box (after sitting in 20° weather on my porch) and was kind of let down by what first greeted me. Straight from the bottle, what commanded my attention was the oakmoss swattled in a blanket of mint. That certainly was not the impression I got from the scent notes and was honestly a bit disheartened. Still beautiful, but not for me. Several hours later, as I am headed to bed (when I usually pick a scent to snuggle and fall asleep in), I decided to give this it's fair fighting chance before banishing it to find a new home elsewhere. To my surprise, out of the bottle, I was kissed by lovely king mandarin wearing pineapple lip balm. It is so beautifully blended that although the gorgeous fruit top-notes are only the star of the show for a fleeting moment, the oakmoss nor mint overtake. Dry and well-absorbed, each note has their spot. Definitely a fruity scent, but with substance. Needless to say, this beautiful voluptuous broad gets to stay!

This reminds me a cool, refreshing cocktail with lots of sour/sweet fruits to bring the pucker and the sugar both. The red plum is the sour kind, but it definitely works better in this context than in others! I get a lot of the lab's pineapple, which to me is something of a pineapple juice note, maybe a little hint of the tin can ;). There's also pink grapefruit, MY NEMESIS, bringing its distinctive puckery bite into the mix. The king mandarin sits in nicely as a brighter, sweeter citrus twist in the midst of these four acidic fruits.

A little whiff of cherry blossom is a welcome calming presence. So is the crushed mint, contributing to the cocktail effect by reminding me of muddled mint leaves - love that for summer! Thankfully the oakmoss burns off fast, and leaves behind the fuzzier bergamot to ground the whole mixture in a citrusy blanket.

I tend not to wear perfumes that are this citrusy/acidic, so I will probably be letting go of my bottle, but this is quite lovely as a fruity spring/summer hair gloss that will smell crisp, clean, and refreshing in the office or during off-duty hours. 

Red plum, pineapple, and King mandarin with pink grapefruit, bergamot, cherry blossom, oakmoss, and crushed mint. 

Origin: Decant bought on the forums

Initial Thoughts: I love most of these notes individually. I'm hoping for something light and cool and refreshing that can take the place of Lightning Storm, which was one of my favorite summer HGs ever.

In the Bottle: Very woodsy. I'm getting all the oakmoss right now.

On Wet Hair: Citrus! I'm getting a lot of orange and grapefruit and pineapple right now.

After Blowdrying: Wow, this is remarkably well balanced! The fruit calms down, the oakmoss comes back, and the mint and bergamot add a gently green herbal edge to it. The above comparison to a perfect cocktail is spot-on.

Verdict: I like this a lot and have to decide if I'm grabbing a bottle or two before Lupers come down or waiting in hopes of catching it on Etsy.

I'm genuinely mad at this, all of these notes *should* work on me, the only wildcard is the cherry blossom, which I think I might be vaguely allergic to? Something in this is going off on me, I can get the pineapple and plum for a minute but there's a murkiness that quickly overtakes.