Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Bitter Blossoms

A gust of white sandalwood and sweet amber incense poisoned by opium pod accord, hemlock leaf, and raw wild elderberries.

Bitter Blossoms starts off strong on the white sandalwood with some bitter herbal note (probably the hemlock leaf) and some elderberry. The sweet amber incense joins in and becomes more noticeable once the bitter herbal aspect calms down, and I believe it is the same, somewhat high-pitched sweet amber found in blends like Alleviate the Frenzy and My Wise Beauty. The combination of the elderberry and the sandalwood make me think of Beautiful Death without the Lace qualities (pale sandalwood threaded with a vanilla filigree, bitter green cognac, white tobacco, and Roman chamomile, stained by a splash of black tea and the deceptively sweet juice of belladonna berries). So if you like that scent, this particular sweet amber note, and elderberry, this might be worth a try for you! I'm iffy about it myself, as this is not one of my favorite amber notes, I prefer only a bit of berry, and I prefer Beautiful Death as it has a little more sweetness. I'll give it some time to rest in order to retest and decide. It's absolutely fitting for Bitter Blossoms, though!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Sandalwood, whiff of opium and a tinge of bitter berry. It's a very sophisticated sandalwood blend. Good throw and wear length.