Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is an oil of triumph, renewal, and victory. It is a scent radiating with power and life-affirming heat, and its function is to grant success, bestow glory, and lend protection from all that creeps in the shadows. It is an oil that rejoices in the vibrant power of the sun and the joy and pleasure of life itself. This oil can be used in rites to honor Helios and Phoibos Apollon, in Solar rites, or as a perfumed oil to invoke the qualities of this oil in your body, mind, and spirit.

Organic blood orange essential oil (Citrus sinensis), bourbon geranium essential oil (Pelargonium x graveolens), organic Italian bergamot essential oil (Citrus aurantium subsp. Bergamia), wild bergamot petals from the TAL garden (Monarda fistulosa), King mandarin essential oil (Citrus reticulata), mimosa olessence (Acacia decurrens), frankincense essential oil and tears (Boswellia carteri and Boswellia sacra), dragon’s blood resin (Daemonorops draco), cinnamon essential oil and bark (Cinnamomum verum), ginger essential oil and root (Zingiber officinale), bay laurel essential oil and bay leaves from the TAL garden (Laurus nobilis), calendula flowers from the TAL garden (Calendula officinalis), cistus essential oil (Cistus ladaniferus), and cassia (Cinnamomum burmanni).

I find this to be such an orange, uplifting scent, and I’m surprised by how much I like it. I put it on one morning I was having a whole lot of trouble getting out of bed to take on the day, and I do want to credit it for helping me through with brightness and warmth. The scent itself starts out mostly as orange and spices, with the cinnamon being prominent but not overpowering. It reminds me of orange slices mulled in spices and cider, or of this Orange & Spice tea I used to drink in college. The way it fades is what really makes it stand out to me—it becomes this beautiful, warm incense, the perfect mix of frankincense and dragon’s blood. The frankincense is not screechy and astringent the way it sometimes can be on me. Even this incense-y dry down manages to stay bright. 

The wonderful thing I’ve found about some of these Sphere + Sundry oils is how decadent and beautiful they SMELL while also being so perfect for their stated use. I normally wouldn’t prioritize scent over purpose in a ritual oil, but Diadem of Myriad Rays and others just seem to have the best of both worlds: delicious and powerful.

My experience with Diadem of Myriad Rays is very akin to TAL Sunlight. Definitely solar, and like liquid sunshine. It’s rejoicing in life. I applied this before going out to dinner (post-COVID times) at a food hall. And while several stalls were shut down, and eating space was outside, it was still a joy to be there and cause for celebration. If you wanted to thank the Sun for all of its magnificent light, this would do the trick.