Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Kefliss

Hair Gloss?

This may be an idiot question, but there's really no way to ask something so basic without sounding like a moron, so here it goes: "What are the hair glosses for?"

There I said it.

Now clearly the obvious answer is a deadpan "Your hair." but more specifically are they just for scent purposes, are they a leave-in conditioner, should they go on clean/dirty/wet hair..? I'd been ignoring them since I didn't "Get it" but I got one as a freebie from paperflower's winter decant circle and it really does smell great. So to avoid it sitting around gathering dust in my bathroom for the next few years I decided to reach out for help. How do you use your hair gloss?

Edited by Kefliss

Hi there! :wave:

You might want to check out the hair gloss thread about this... there have been similar questions over and over where different people will chime in with how they use the product. I will search for it and edit with a link.

The reason it's not a simple answer is that different people use them differently because different people have different types of hair and different needs and desires. Here are some examples: 

• Some people really just use them for scent and not for anything the gloss does to their hair. For some people it is a more convenient way to apply scent than to one's skin for various reasons. 
  • I personally actually use the hair gloss to do something to my hair. My (chin-length, straight, fine, and lots of it) hair gets frizzy sometimes. So I use the hair gloss after towel-drying my hair, by spraying some into my palm, rubbing my palms together, and then running my fingers through my hair. 
  • My husband (sometimes with a typical male haircut, sometimes with long hair, always with curly or wavy hair) uses hair gloss on dry hair. He says it helps his hair to be more wavy and less frizzy. He sprays the gloss directly onto his hair and then combs his hair. 
  • I've read other people's comments that they only use it on the ends of their hair because it makes their scalps oilier. 

*EDIT* Here is a link to the pertinent thread. It's 167 pages long, but even on the last page, people are listing how they like to apply hair gloss, and there are responses different from the examples I've given, so hopefully it will be helpful... 

Edited by neptuneanblues
adding link to pertinent thread

11 hours ago, neptuneanblues said:

Hi there! :wave:

You might want to check out the hair gloss thread about this... there have been similar questions over and over where different people will chime in with how they use the product. I will search for it and edit with a link.

The reason it's not a simple answer is that different people use them differently because different people have different types of hair and different needs and desires. Here are some examples: 

• Some people really just use them for scent and not for anything the gloss does to their hair. For some people it is a more convenient way to apply scent than to one's skin for various reasons. 
  • I personally actually use the hair gloss to do something to my hair. My (chin-length, straight, fine, and lots of it) hair gets frizzy sometimes. So I use the hair gloss after towel-drying my hair, by spraying some into my palm, rubbing my palms together, and then running my fingers through my hair. 
  • My husband (sometimes with a typical male haircut, sometimes with long hair, always with curly or wavy hair) uses hair gloss on dry hair. He says it helps his hair to be more wavy and less frizzy. He sprays the gloss directly onto his hair and then combs his hair. 
  • I've read other people's comments that they only use it on the ends of their hair because it makes their scalps oilier. 

*EDIT* Here is a link to the pertinent thread. It's 167 pages long, but even on the last page, people are listing how they like to apply hair gloss, and there are responses different from the examples I've given, so hopefully it will be helpful... 

This is helpful, thanks!