Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A mouldering, mossy oudh.

Ooof, this one is for you oudh lovers. It smells aquatic and like oudh. Great throw and wear length.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Date January 5.2020

At first sniff the oudh is a dry wood scent that almost goes powdery. The moss is a light and airy aquatic scent. This is a dry scent mixed with a green, healthy scent.

On skin wet: I can get impressions of actual levels of scent. The blend has a bottom layer of dry stone with a higher layer of fresh, damp green moss. As I breathe deeper, I think I can smell Spanish Moss in this mix.

Dry 30+ mins: I swear I'm getting a white sandalwood note in here with some mossy ferns and Spanish Moss. It's not quite what I expected, but still very "grave" like.

Worn 3+ hours: This oudh/sandalwood is almost powdery and stony. It's just on that edge of tickling my nose. The Spanish Moss note is not overpowering, which is odd because my skin chemistry almost always brings it out. Overall, this isn't really a green, or stony scent but somewhere in between.

Final Thoughts: I've worn this scent for over 5 hours and the elements of the scent are still here. The oudh is giving off a slight incense note. The Spanish Moss has faded and left a fern like green scent. I'm not sure if I like this one enough to keep it. I will definitely have to try it again.