Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rum, spices, amber and a whiff of salty leather. But mainly rum and spices. Whiff of smokiness and salt. Appropriately masculine pirate. Good throw and wear length.

Pirates! only arrived in today's mail, but I had to try it out.  It is very gunpowder-forward on me.  Salt, leather, rum and wood all make an appearance, but the spices are quite subdued.  I was hoping for more smoky spices and less brimstoney gunpowder, so I'll let this one rest a couple weeks to see if the spices emerge more strongly with a little aging.  I would definitely keep the decant and might spring for a bottle if they do.  

Okay so first off big ups to Puddin' (💙). But this is So Nice. 

Kind of a brawly, more masculine pirate scent. Even slighty rough 'n dirty, dare i say. In the bottle it's a little more harsh than on my skin, where it goes to something that's slightly stronger on the rum and spices, with the rougher notes (gunpowder, salt/leather, amber) definately still there, but kind of, giving the others their time to shine. An i-have-to-be-in-the-mood-for-it but howdee is it something I'm so happy to add to my collection!