Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Jolly Roger Beard Oil

This is a comforting scent of oak wood and sea salt that is not too bold and not to dull. There is a good balance once it is applied that last for the vast majority of the work day. The leather is subtle that pokes its head out a bit when first applied with an undercurrent of rum that it does not last very long.

I often pair this beard oil with the Shipwreck Graveyard scent. I believe it would still pair will with any woodsy or ocean based scent as well.

Edited by Mister Azure

Salty sea spray and slightly medicinal (but in a way I like) herbs from the bay rum. There's a salty dry wood note that is definitely present, and I'm not getting much of the leather note, which I certainly don't mind. I'm glad that I've picked up a bottle, especially as this is a beard oil that I can get more of, and it will be nice for when I don't want a fruity beard oil (my main non-BPAL beard oil smells of marionberries) or to smell like 10,000 trees (the only readily available to me in retail beard oil I'm not allergic to, I'm glad to be finding alternatives). I suspect that I will lean towards pairing this with my go to aquatics (such as Cthulhu and Sea of Glass) over some of my softer florals and fruit scents that it might overwhelm. It might do pretty well with some of my more resin based scents (I have a fair bit of stuff with Dragon's Blood, or maybe something like Dulle Grite).

Jolly Roger isn't really a scent that I would immediately reach for as a perfume, but as a beard oil, it's doing a good job! It definitely has imparted luster to my beard, and I didn't need as much of it to get through my entire beard as I do a lot of beard oils (but having a dropper means that it was easy for me to get the amount that I needed, it's a much better beard oil set up than the type of lid that you have to shake drops out from). It absorbs well, not leaving my beard feeling greasy either. These are very good things with a beard that falls to mid-chest and is fairly dense. Formulation wise, this is one of the best beard oils I've gotten my hands on.

I'm definitely planning on seeking out a wider variety of the BPAL beard oils that sound appealing to me, and hope to see more made at some point!