Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have tested this three times, and I am still not what sure to say about it other than it has a definite Mad Tea Party vibe. It starts off as pretty lemony (or something lemon-like, but NOT the Lab's white tea note -- almost kind of like a lemon glaze on a cake), and there's also some spice, a floral aspect, and a creaminess to the scent. The first time I tried it, I got a lot of spice, but I did not get that the other two times, so I think that was a fluke. The creaminess may be due a creamy floral note or due to some weak tea with milk in it; I am not sure. But it definitely doesn't have the strong white and green tea and herbs of the released version, and I don't think that peony is the floral note at play here. It ends up staying close to the skin after about an hour, becoming softer and creamier (milkier?) over time.

This was fun to test, and I think it's one of the better protos from this Trunk Show that I was able to try. I am still not sure if I need the whole bottle, and I'll probably let it rest for a month before making that decision. One thing is for sure, though: I am going to be stalking reviews, because I am really curious to hear what other people get from this scent! :)

When wet this is hard to place-- I was getting citrus, butter and flour! And a breath of gingerbread spices that wasn't quite there. But after testing it a few times I think it's a lemony green tea, with some powdery vanilla flowers in the background. It's also sweet-- too sweet. Like lemon cakes doused in lemon rind and icing sugar and a side of green tea (but overpowered by the citrus). I can definitely see where @doomsday_disco got glaze from!

Lemony and sweet - this is delightful! As it dries I get a hint of tea, also sweet and citrusy and floral. This is really lovely, and very much like something you'd get at a whimsical Mad Tea Party!

Awesome Husband: "...floral? green tea?" ...so clearly he's getting those notes more!