Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LiberAmoris

Bayou Fluid

A boggy poot of hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide accord (but easy on the methane!) steaming up a marsh puddle of Spanish moss, creeping swamp jasmine, swamp creature hooch, osmanthus, tupelo, bald cypress, and mud.

This post is merely a placeholder for future reviews. Whoever is first to review, please report this post using the report button below, so a mod can merge it with yours. Thanks!

This smells like Bayou! Aquatic moss, jasmine, whiff of white florals, and just aquatic floral all around. Medium throw and wear length.

In the decant, I smell fresh ginger, moss, cypress, and a bit of mud.

On my skin, the ginger is still the dominant note to my nose. Maybe it's part of the swamp creature hooch, or perhaps the tupelo (no idea what that is). The moss is the strongest note behind it. It stays this way for a while, until the moss becomes the dominant note (as it is wont to do on me), with touches of cypress, a very tame jasmine, a much lighter ginger, and a faint hint of mud.

I really enjoyed the wet phase of this when it was heavy on the ginger and wish the ginger had remained as strong as it was initially! I do think this is a nice, well-behaved, swampy, floral-tinged aquatic scent, but the decant will be enough.

Echoing the review above me, this is great wet.

I get a lemon / lime syrup smell, with some creamy jasmine and a hint of mud alongside this, zingy ginger. The ginger note balances the sweetness well.

On dry down, the ginger fades and the scent becomes lemon lime and a bit of Jasmine. Not nearly as enjoyable.