Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Reedsong

Orgy With Tagaigata

Rose petals, frangipani, gardenia, jasmine sambac, white cognac, and lemon peel.

This is a lovely, blooming scent that unfolds little by little on my skin. It's neither a naive, sunny sort of floral, nor a restrained soapy bouquet; rather, it seems to capture a kind of quiet delight, a natural and easy pleasure. It's very well-blended, too, with no one flower seeming to dominate its discourse. A very apt scent for its inspiration, and while it isn't quite right when I wear it, I can imagine other flower-lovers adoring this one!

Argh this is reminding me of a perfume from the 90s and can't remember what. Baahhh!! Not a bad one. Like actually pleasant and one I enjoyed encountering. This will drive me batshit...can't place it!

Anyways...wet phase, there's a crystalline golden smell like if someone made a citrine-emoting perfume. It burns off in about 5 minutes to reveal a beautiful rose and jasmine musk. There was a luper of some naked sexy chick on a bicycle back in 2011 or 12..? Smells a bit like that. I'm terrible at name identification today, sorry. Wicked helpful review...chuhh. ;)

I had to try this, as I love frangipani and the only BPAL I think I've ever had it in is Desire--but the jasmine kinda killed that one on my skin. This one starts out beautiful; while wet, it's a frangipani-rose bouquet with a sweet, almost sugary edge to it: about as sweetly delicious as a floral can be! On the drydown, it gets soapy (jasmine...again) and fades away. If there's ever a frangipani scent without jasmine, I will buy a bottle, but as it is, I'll use the decant. Overall, I would say "Orgy" is like Extra "Desire", which makes perfect sense! :rofl:

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

Wet wool gardenia, jasmine and a whiff of something else. Gardenia is a spoiler on this one for me.

Great throw and wear length, of course, those bastards.