Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
EvilKitten

Thunderbird

Wakinyan, Hohoq, Kw-Uhnx-Wa. With eyes of fire, its glance is lightning, and thunder erupts as the great, sacred bird claps its mighty wings. A willing guardian and protector of mankind, a wise and benevolent teacher, and the creator of life-giving storms. The sharp tang of ozone and the deep bass growl of thunder over mountain trees.

Got my hands on about half a bottle of this, in my quest for the perfect rain scent. I think this may be it, for me at least. WHile I do really like Lightning, this is softer and sweeter, more outdoor. Lightning is almost all ozone to me, which i still love, but it wasn't rainstorm. This is soft sweet ozony, wet - very rainy. There was a fleeting moment about 10 minutes after I put it on of some strange plant note - I wasn't familiar with it at all, but it passed. I was worried, but now I'm sold =) I'd like to see this released again for all us rain people =)

This is rainy, kinda gritty, forest pines and ozoney Irish Spring.

It's fairly masculine, and after an hour, it definitely smells like dryer sheets.

BOO.

In the bottle: A bit medicinally mentholic, almost minty, with a hint of something evergreen, and the zing of ozone. It's a bit sharp and aquatic, definitely masculine.

Wet[: Less sharp, but still very cool and quite mentholic. No longer medicinal, though. More green, herbal. Still loads of ozone. A little sweet - wintergreen? And maybe spruce.

Dry: Most of the ozone is gone, and this has sweetened considerably. I'm definitely thinking spruce. I'm getting a bit of earthiness, maybe a moss.

Later: Vaguely floral...reminds me a bit of Night-Gaunt, white florals. And I think the sweetness is maybe pear? And something slightly, but not unpleasantly, bitter. It's more watery, though still quite airy.

Summary: Woodsy spruce, clean white florals, and wintergreen with wisps of ozone, moss, sweet pear, and something slightly bitter-sharp. Unisex, aquatic. Decent throw, fades fast.

Sniffed: Sweet, foresty greenness with a touch of ozone humidity.

On skin: Soft, fresh evergreens with the slightest of piney edges. Ozone is lurking in the background, darkening the forest and adding humidity and depth. This is primarily mild forest greenery with a wet, humid touch; Thunderbird heralds an imminent thunderstorm: it's in the distance, but swiftly approaching. It's more light and indistinct than I'd hoped, and I would've liked more ozone, but I think it's more appropriate like this.

Verdict: A lovely, evocative melding of soft evergreen and wet ozone notes. I was afraid that I'd fall in love with this rare blend, but it's too light on the ozone to be a favourite. (That would have to go to Parsifal and Lightning.) Even so, I'm an ozone-lover and very glad to have this half-imp of Thunderbird to treasure!