Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Eris

Aquatics

7 hours ago, comebackqueen said:

Bumping this topic to ask about new recommendations. Sea of Milk is one of my favorites and have been wanting to try June Gloom. Any other aquatic recs?

There are some really beautiful GC aquatics worth trying! Here are ones that I personally like: 

- Sea of Glass [Sin and Salvation]: Upon  the Sea of Glass, glowing with the perfection of spiritual union and the radiance of true wisdom, rests the throne of God. A scent of inimitable purity, crystalline grace, and limitless light. (My take - Soft floral aquatic to me.)

Cthulhu [Picnic in Arkham]: A creeping, wet, slithering scent, dripping with seaweed, oceanic plants and dark, unfathomable waters. (My take - sea spray and that ozonic storm smell and flowers blooming in amongst the sea grasses that blanket the headlands. There's the smell of seaweed in the ocean air, but not the way it gets weird when on the shore too long)

- Y'ha-nthlei [Picnic in Arkham]: A great undersea metropolis located below Devil's Reef. A swirling, lightless, effervescent scent: the deepest marine notes with bergamot, eucalyptus and foamy ambergris. (My take - cousin of Cthulhu as a scent but creamier and softer)

R'Lyeh [Picnic in Arkham]: The sunken  city of the Great God Cthulhu. A hellishly dark aquatic scent, evocative of fathomless oceanic deeps, the mysteries of madness buried under crushing black waters, and the brooding eternal evil that lies beneath the waves . (My take - also a cousin scent to Cthulhu but giving more ocean depths)

- Lightning [Bewitching Brews]: Lightning slashing the midnight skies over the endless reaches of the ocean. The electric tang of ozone, marine notes, and a drop of sharp rain. (My take - beautiful fresh aquatic if you are also down for ozonic)

There are a lot of really beautiful aquatic LE scents over the years, but those might be some good starting places for what to look into. I can tell you about all the LEs I love too if you want.

Y

29 minutes ago, ShadowEtienne said:

There are some really beautiful GC aquatics worth trying! Here are ones that I personally like: 

- Sea of Glass [Sin and Salvation]: Upon  the Sea of Glass, glowing with the perfection of spiritual union and the radiance of true wisdom, rests the throne of God. A scent of inimitable purity, crystalline grace, and limitless light. (My take - Soft floral aquatic to me.)

Cthulhu [Picnic in Arkham]: A creeping, wet, slithering scent, dripping with seaweed, oceanic plants and dark, unfathomable waters. (My take - sea spray and that ozonic storm smell and flowers blooming in amongst the sea grasses that blanket the headlands. There's the smell of seaweed in the ocean air, but not the way it gets weird when on the shore too long)

- Y'ha-nthlei [Picnic in Arkham]: A great undersea metropolis located below Devil's Reef. A swirling, lightless, effervescent scent: the deepest marine notes with bergamot, eucalyptus and foamy ambergris. (My take - cousin of Cthulhu as a scent but creamier and softer)

R'Lyeh [Picnic in Arkham]: The sunken  city of the Great God Cthulhu. A hellishly dark aquatic scent, evocative of fathomless oceanic deeps, the mysteries of madness buried under crushing black waters, and the brooding eternal evil that lies beneath the waves . (My take - also a cousin scent to Cthulhu but giving more ocean depths)

- Lightning [Bewitching Brews]: Lightning slashing the midnight skies over the endless reaches of the ocean. The electric tang of ozone, marine notes, and a drop of sharp rain. (My take - beautiful fresh aquatic if you are also down for ozonic)

There are a lot of really beautiful aquatic LE scents over the years, but those might be some good starting places for what to look into. I can tell you about all the LEs I love too if you want.

Yes, please! Other than Sea of Milk, Ogygia and Obatala I don't personally love any other GC aquatics and want to try some LEs. Thank you!

@comebackqueen

Some LEs with aquatic elements that you might want to look into:

- To Lallie (I don't like this one for vanilla, but it is lovely on my sister, and has an excellent creamy aquatic if you like roses)

- Conception By The South Wind

- Mocking The Invisible World With Its Own Shadows 

- Sea of Tranquility 

- A Little Silver Scimitar** (like an evergreen forest by the sea, but definitely has some of that beautiful creamy aquatic)

My sister adds that you might enjoy Collumns of the Temple of Neptune.

Other things with that creamy-coconut thing going on that might appeal in recent LEs include The Hound and the Milk White Doe** (not inherently aquatic but shares some traits) and Mysterious Techniques in Lovemaking (has a lot of commonalities with Obitala but more floral). 

Ambergris, orris, and coconut might be notes to look out for with that creamy aquatic scent it sounds like you like.

**LEs still available for purchase (Halloweenies this year)