Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
donkehpoo

The Blue Window Hair Gloss

Black currant, rose otto, azure musk, and blue orris.

Orris, with a smidgen of orris, and a faint trace of orris in the background.

Seriously though; where is the black currant?! I thought I was losing my mind when applying this. I made sure to lightly shake my little decant to make sure everything was mixed... didn't make a different. Orris, orris, orris.

Orris tends to equal baby powder to my nose,  so this... isn't really ideal for me. 

Blue Window HG is shockingly light to my nose. I apply HG by squirting into my palms, then I vigorously rub them together and then "fluff" my hair. Sniffing my hands, or later my hair, I can barely tell that I have applied this scent. It's nice, though, and I might use it on days where I don't want something really noticeable in my hair but need the glossing benefits.

The Blue Window hair gloss has a gentle foundation of blue musk and orris blend, with pastel layers of blackcurrant and rose floating above it. I definitely get the blackcurrant and rose notes, but they are restrained. I wore this to work and could smell it all day, but I don’t think anyone else could detect it. Agree that this is for orris lovers! I think it would pair beautifully with Cabbage White or The Shield.

I agree with other reviewers that this is for orris lovers! On my hair, it's primarily orris and rose, with a bit of light blue musk floating in the background. It's a very light and ethereal scent, and it has good staying power but very low throw.

I've never been able to smell the blackcurrant in this blend for some reason, but I also use a vaguely fruity-scented shampoo so it might blend into that.