Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

The Seventh Apartment Atmosphere Spray

Blackened mahogany, tobacco absolute, cardamom, grave loam, dried blood, and olibanum.

Fancy male cologne. No mahogany. No loam. Just fancy men's fourege.

I wanted to love this because the art is amazing and it has cardamom and grave loam in the notes.

But I have to agree with Dark Alice. It smells like a nice cologne. Despite all of the heavy notes mentioned, it's actually not dark and heavy at all. When I sprayed it around my living room, I could only smell nice cologne. When I sprayed it on a paper towel, I did get the grave loam and tobacco at first, but even that turned into a cologne scent. I don't get anything that reminds me of dried blood, or anything to suggest a "blackened" note. I think the resins are unexpectedly light and bright and lending themselves to the cologne-y feel of this scent.

Not bad, but I thought it would be a lot more ominous? :think:  I think The Green Chamber is the Masque atmo for me.

Yup, also someone else that smells this as a fancy male fougere. It's darkly sophisticated, very suave and very dark at the same time. It's the smell of 50 Shades of Grey for those of you that realize that Christian is an abusive asshole with money. Ooops. Does that need a spoiler tag?

It's that sort of thing. All very shiny on the surface, hiding something truly disturbing at its core.