Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

How should the wind be periphrased? Thus: call it son of Fornjót, Brother of the Sea and of Fire, Scathe or Ruin or Hound or Wolf of the Wood or of the Sail or of the Rigging.

A burst of wind and flame hurling over the space-dark sea: opoponax and black oudh alight with red amber, dragon’s blood resin, and neroli.

Dark opoponax, salty spicy DBR, and a touch of amber. This one smells like dark thunderous sea on fire. Salty. Firey. Totally very Viking-esque. Medium throw and wear length.

I tested this while wearing my GoT "The North Remembers" shirt and was totally hoping for some sexy slightly-dragonish Northman goodness. Alas, the oudh in this is doing the same thing it did in Zip Line, namely, smelling like pee. Pee mixed with blood and incense, but pee. I've heard of people getting "poudh" but this pee note confuses me, both because it's pee rather than poo, and because oudh works just fine for me in plenty of other scents besides these two. Maybe it has to do with what it's combined with? IDK. I haz a sad.

This was surprisingly gentle on me given the powerhouse notes. The red amber/DBR does the typical warm, spicy thing that it does in other "red" blends like Satyr and Schzerade. Not a ton of neroli here which was a surprise since I amp that note heavily. And then the oudh. It did the same thing it always does on me -- straight to pooudh.

After about 15 min or so the whole thing collapsed into a slightly sweet coffee scent, with gentle pooudh on the waft. Strange but true. It's not a winner on me but I can say this was not as offensive as oudh normally is on me, and the coffee thing is kinda neat. If you can wear oudh well, this would be a great one to try.