Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JazzieCazzie

Being, Like, Really Smart

Soothe your cares with a blend of dull, dolorous, soporific lavender, weighed down with opoponax and thick labdanum, spiked by an unpredictable, unsettling slash of black pepper.

Proceeds from the sale of this scent benefits the Southern Poverty Law Center.

There was no way I couldn't get a blend that not only is brilliant in its purpose but also featured four of my favorite notes.

IN THE BOTTLE: Predominantly lavender but with a "tang" I could not place or at least could not attribute to one of the other notes listed as far as I remembered them being on me in the past.

Applied to one wrist and the crook of that arm (I always go for a dry and a moist spot, because they can dry down differently).

WET: Super duper lavender (which I adore) still with that slight "tang" which I saw in my mind as being slightly "coppery," almost like a penny (which is about one cent more than Drumpf is worth). It smelled identical on both my wrist and in the crook of my arm.

DRYDOWN: The drydown on me becomes SO much more complex ... the lavender fades or, more accurately, blends into the other notes so that, for me, NONE of them are identifiable as such but they unite to become something stronger and different and unique. I want to say there is something slightly woody (as opposed to woodsy) but I don't see any of the notes really resembling that remark so I can only attribute it to my weird sensory read.

OVERALL: I would call this a very gender neutral scent ... it's clean and, weirdly, "organized" ... It brings to mind a modern, clean office space, one that has yet to be moved into but is waiting for someone to come and take over the desk and do brilliant things (things that are not being done at that one big office we all know right near me in DC) ... It reminds me of the sticks you light in a beautiful vase to bring an aromatherapeutic cleansing to a place.

Crazy as it sounds, to me this is like a TAL blend ... I feel like it clears my mind, helps focus concentration and just gets rid of all the cobwebs as a cleanser.

Plus, it smells good.

Lavender and labdanum. As it dries, the lavender sort of fades, and I get more of the pepper. It's an odd blend. In the sense that you're falling asleep and you thought it was just a boring dream is actually a hideous nightmare. Medium throw and wear length.

I have recently come to adore Labdanum and opoponax, and lavender is my fave sleep smell, so I had to get this. Plus, it's hilarious and for a good cause.

Wet: lots of lavender, and that cola smell that both labdanum and opoponax do on me (which I love!) So, lavender and sweet sticky coke. It actually smells fantastic. The sweetness of it keeps it from being too "dark" for me to want to wear to bed, so far (I bought this with the intention of it being a bedtime scent, as I go through those the most).

Dry: The lavender fades a bit, and the opoponax comes out on top (I think, I actually can't really differentiate it from labdanum, I don't think?). It's still very soporific to me, and I still plan to sleep in it. It's a murky thick, rich, slow scent, mildly creepy. Love it!

It's a beautiful resinous lavender with gentle strokes of black pepper, but it's so much more. The blend has a soporific and buttery texture and the lavender gives it a swift kick. Very very evocative and beautiful.