Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ltrittipoe

Douglas Iris

Proceeds from the sale of this California wildflower single note will benefit those affected by the Tubbs Fire through this GoFundMe. Funds gathered by this GoFundMe will be distributed to the Sonoma Valley Fire and Rescue Authority, Napa County Fire Department, Lake County Fire and Rescue, Santa Rosa Fire Department, and the Redwood Credit Union North Bay Fire Recovery Fund.

Beautiful, elegant, lovely iris. A little powdery, a little violet-y (but iris always reminds me of violet). This is just beautiful - a perfumery note iris, not in an “actual flower” way. :wub:

Wet, this is very dry, rooty, kind of airy wet petals. Very much true iris. I can swear I smell a bit of vegetal root, and a hint of the earth. That fades, and it lingers as a straightforward, kind of cool-clay light violet-gray floral. Definitely fades towards quiet an subdued, regal floral.

Airy, wet petals, and it dries to a cool, light violet-regal floral. Very delicate, but powerful. Good throw and wear length. No powderiness that I can detect.

A very pretty iris—stately, slightly powdery, and dry. Definitely get both the rooty element of iris as well as the blossom. Nice on its own, but I'm sure it will also be great layered.

Iris pallida is the image this calls to my mind. Her soft bluish-purple petals and white-green variegated leaves that shine with

the palest gold when the sun touches them. Overall, this is a calm, soothing scent, but its reserve seems to accentuate the

gorgeous way it warms on the skin. Demure, yet enticing. Lofty as dust motes, but possessing a rich buttery undertone. The

violet tones seem to sparkle up high while the orris grounds and rounds out this smooth, welcoming comfort fragrance. :wub3:

Having been far too close to a couple of major wildfires myself, as well as a former resident of the area affected, I was

doubly glad to purchase this SN, knowing that much needed funds would go towards recovery.

Minimally powdery on my skin and lasts a loong time. ;)